4 Shocking Facts About Allendale Demographics
Here are some quick data about Allendale County, from the 2010 Census.
- The county has a population of 10,400 — a decrease of 800 people from 2000.
- 40% of the people live below the poverty line — more than twice the state average.
- In the 10 mile radius around Fairfax (the 2nd largest town in the county), only 44% of the population is employed. The other 56% are unemployed, imprisoned, children, retirees, etc.
- In the same 10 mile radius, only 65% of those age 25+ have a high school education (versus the national average of 85%).
- 10 Reasons Allendale Is Better Than Where You Live
- 3 Basic Problems in Allendale
- The Context for Hopelessness (CBC Talk — Part 1)
- Pouring in Good, Clear Water