This blog started out of one that began in October 2010, called A Different Way. I was in the midst of a career transition — coming out of a role as Pastor of Children & Families. I had some thoughts I needed to share about parenting, Children’s Ministry, and more.
I named the blog “A Different Way” because a lot of how parenting and ministry is done needs to be re-thought. This includes even “Christian” parenting.
And then our own family took “A Different Way,” as we found ourselves on a new adventure in Allendale, SC (read more in Where Am I?)
But for those interested in topics on parenting and equipping the next generation, you can read more on A Different Way. Here is a sampling of some of the more popular posts:
- Biblical Parenting vs Gospel Parenting
- Explaining Autism to My Son
- Response to “A Case for Homeschooling”
- What If My Child Doesn’t Want to Go to Church?
- 10 Principles for Shepherding My Child Through Salvation and Baptism
- Children’s Ministry