3 Things I’m Known For
On the football team, there are three things I’m known for:
- Being white (I can’t help it)
- Saying stupid things, especially when I get angry (“For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.”)
- Being energetic.
The guys I coach laugh at me when I run around and demonstrate the drills. I teach and I show them, over and over. “Coach, why do you do that?”
Good question. Maybe it’s because . . .
- I’d love to be on the field again (though my joints groan at the thought).
- I’m a perfectionist who demands that things are done in a certain way. MY way.
- I want to make sure I’m doing my part to get the team as prepared as I can. I would hate to let them down.
Maybe it’s all of the above.
Regardless, I’m thankful for a chance to coach these young men for at least one more week. With another playoff win last Friday (for our last home game), we travel to Carvers Bay High School this Friday night. The winner will be Lower State Champions, and will compete for the State Championship on Saturday, November 30.
- Allendale-Fairfax High School Tigers: 2013 Football Schedule
- Mid-Season Update: Football and the Gospel
- Friday Night Lights . . . Are Off