Identifying with Jesus
This sermon on Luke 5:12-32 was really great for me. I’m thankful that I get to watch these sermons from Grace Church.
I encourage you to watch the full sermon, titled Forgiven and Restored, which teachers through three pericopes. The core of the text concludes with Jesus telling the religious crowd, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.” (vv. 31-32)
I cannot do the full sermon justice, but here are the notes that I jotted down:
- Those who identify with Jesus know that they don’t deserve to be.
- A follower of Jesus has a keen awareness of his deficits, more than an awareness of his strengths.
- A sick (physically or spiritually) person doesn’t want an answer as much as he wants a solution. He needs a person who creates and fixes things.
- Jesus is the One who reverses the curse of the Fall (Genesis 3).
- “If you are going to follow Jesus, He is going to bring chaos into your life.” [Amen]
- The ultimate question is, “Am I desperate for Jesus?”