Prayer Requests: “Staff” and Ministry Needs
Last week, I talked about how we view our “staff.” Of course, we don’t so much have a staff as we have a team of people who are committed to God’s kingdom work.
And we also know that there is much more work to be done in Allendale. Some of this is for us, and some of this is for others. Could you please pray for these specific needs?
What You Can Ask God to Supply
We don’t yet know all the plans and opportunities that will come our way this school year, but we still believe that the “harvest is plentiful” (Matthew 9:37). Here are some things you can pray for:
- Staff and volunteers for on-going programming. We expect to help re-launch the after school program soon. There is a grant to cover some paid positions (part-time), but volunteers are always needed to provide a meaningful experience for children.
- Volunteers for special programming. We hope to be involved with another spring break camp in 2014, and want to see more summer programs for children.
- Wisdom for my blog. With help from friends, I have dabbled in launching a new blog (basically, moving all my stuff to a self-hosted site). There is still work that needs to be done on it, and I’m not always convinced that I want to move it all (probably because of the fear that a self-hosted site means more work for me).
- Wisdom for 501c(3). I have begun the process of forming a 501c(3). I know that there is a lot more to do, and the task seems daunting. Again, I’m not sure I want to do this (and, like with #3, because of the same fear of more work for me).
- Blog assistance. About once a quarter, I start thinking about shutting down one or both of my blogs. And then I get an email or a comment that specifically encourages me to keep writing. I do enjoy writing, both to help me process what I’m learning and to share information and inspiration. But it’s also a lot of work. I’m not sure what would help – whether it is for me to write less often, or for others to guest post, or for help with administrative stuff (editing, posting, linking old posts, etc).
- More “missionaries.” Pray that others would consider moving here, to be a part of the community and to spread the hope and love of Jesus Christ.
For all these prayer requests, please understand that I’m not complaining, I’m not begging for help, and I’m not looking for affirmation. We are doing really well. I don’t (usually) feel overwhelmed, as long as I remember that God is in control, and that my value is not based on my performance.
I am thankful for everyone who has been a part of the “Mission: Allendale” team, and for everyone who will be a part of God’s work here over the next year, and beyond.
Note: Want to know other ways you can prayer for us? Check out our Prayer Requests.
**image courtesy of Eastop via sxc.hu