10 Ways God Provided Through My Job in 2011
Last week, I wrote about A New Path for Us in Allendale, as I transition out of my job in the after school program (my last day will be December 16). We still have some questions before us. But we can move forward in faith, remembering how God has shown His grace and power through this job over the past year.
How has God provided? I’m glad you asked . . .
- The Job Itself. In December, we were very sure that God wanted us to move to Allendale. In January, I applied for and received this job, which confirmed what He was leading us to do.
- Financial Support. Since this was a part-time job, we knew going in that we would need financial support for our family to live in Allendale. We’re thankful for the dozens of families and individuals who supported us through their donations in 2011.
- Places to Live. Needing to start work within 5 days of interviewing, God gave me two Homes Away from Homes in Allendale. Then, the entire family was able to move down, thanks to this person’s hospitality.
- Insight. Working hands-on with kids allowed us to get deeper insight into what life is like in Allendale, especially for youth.
- Connection with Parents. I’ve been able to meet and talk to more parents than I probably could have if I was a middle school teacher (another opportunity I explored early in the year).
- Credibility. Because of our work here, we are known and respected by parents, teachers, and other community members.
- Health. I never got sick, or missed a day of work. When you consider that I interact with dozens of kids each day, you have to know that this is God’s protection.
- Timely Encouragement. The times I was most frustrated and tired was when God used people to provide the most encouragement.
- Avenue for Service. Because of the high need for volunteers, this job gave others a chance to engage Allendale, through giving their time and resources. Over the year, we had dozens of eager servants, including families, college students, and middle & high school students.
- A Family Ministry. Besides the service of My Excellent Wife, my older two children got to serve and sacrifice. They loved to come early and stay late, and I put them to work: sharpening pencils, straightening chairs, wiping toilets, restocking the bathrooms, etc. This has been The Best Part of My Job, and the blessing that I’ll miss the most.
Regarding point #2 (Financial Support), we know that many folks like to give a little extra at the end of the year. If you want to donate to our family’s mission (either one-time or on a monthly basis) please visit the Financial Support page, or email me if you have any questions. We appreciate you considering us.
I’d love to hear your story. What’s one way that God has provided for you in 2011? Let us know in the comments.