Poverty: An Imbalance of Opportunity
Here’s an excerpt:
“No matter what social status you are in, everyone has the common bond of wanting a chance. For some of us, it’s the opportunity to buy more and better stuff. For others, it’s the opportunity for a more fulfilling job, or a way to better use their gifts. And for many people in the world (including the USA), they merely want opportunities to obtain basic needs for their families, like food, shelter, and health care.”
Go over to the blog and read the full article, and let me know what you think.
- Government Can Help, But Is Not the Final Answer
- Poverty Robs You
- More Poverty
- Does Poverty Affect Life Expectancy?
- How Would You Define (and Solve) Poverty?
- The Context for Hopelessness (CBC Talk — Part 1)
- The Four Freedoms
- Wealth, Poverty, and Public Policy