Favorite Tweets for July
Not following me on Twitter? You’re missing out on awesomeness.
- Me: “Kids, who are your heroes?” Hannah: “God, Daddy, & Superman.” I’m in good company. #parenting #thingskidssay
- My daughter is eating raw collard greens, grown at the community garden in #AllendaleSC. #countrygirl http://twitpic.com/5k367k
- I love that our kids refer to the Sleep Inn as a “fancy hotel.” #deprived
- Congrats to Lottie Lewis, who was just named Person of the Year by The Allendale Sun. Well-deserved! #AllendaleSC
- Hannah & I headed out on a dinner date. Joanna asks, “Are y’all doing anything else?” Really? Did she forget where we live? #AllendaleSC
- I had to type in an anti-spam code, that involved the sequence “7eV” — and I immediately thought “7 electron Volts.” #sciencenerd
- The other day, a kid at the Club asked me to pray for his sick mom. Oh, yeah!
- 4-year-old Sender scored from first base on a grounder in kickball today. No errors, but the fielders paid no attention to him. #prouddad
- [This was a two-part Tweet]
- Me: “12 years ago I asked Joanna to marry me.” Kid at camp: “If she said NO, would you have kicked her out of the house?”
- (cont’d) Me: “We didn’t live together before we were married.” Kid at camp: “What?!?!”
- Umm.. Excuse me, Housekeeping. I would like to buy one of your 4-cup coffee makers for $50. #whatabargain http://twitpic.com/5ukmq4
- “All heads bowed. All eyes closed.” #thingsbaptistpreacherssay
- Elijah’s at grandparents tonight, so we picked up a replacement son. Will anyone notice the difference? http://twitpic.com/5wuxs9
Here are some quotes from others that I tweeted or re-tweeted:
- In 2009, for every $1 of net worth that white households had, black households had 2 cents. http://t.co/q3s858e #poverty
- RT @MattA_Rogers: I could not be more thankful that in his grace God allowed me to not care about Harry Potter. / Amen
- “No sin is worse than self-pity, b/c it removes God from the throne of our lives, replacing Him w/ our own self-interests.” O. Chambers
- RT @yesiliketacos: people who think they know everything can be pretty annoying to those of us who actually do / Agreed
Which of these is your favorite?