Week 3 is done. Seems like June went by so fast! Here’s what made our week special:
|Joanna, Travis, and kids making smores
- Friends from Greenville. 4 women and 11 children coming down for a 2-day, 1-night trip. They helped in the programming, and their kids got to play and connect. It was such an encouragement for us.
- Other friends from Greenville mailed us an encouraging note, plus $100. That is, a one-hundred dollar bill. Use checks people!
- Got through to a kid to help him understand that he can never be good enough all on his own. Throwing in some Gospel principles here and there.
- It was science week, so we had fun activities like making slime (I got to lead that one). Also, Joanna taught her kids how to make smores with a modified pizza box and the heat of the sun.
- We are getting new kids every week. Parents are saying that they are hearing good things about the program. Got up to 34 kids one day this week.
- Actually, there were at least two kids that we had great heart-to-heart conversations with.
- Planning for upcoming Pet Camp, with the local 4-H person.. Trying to get some folks (teenagers? a family?) from Grace Church to help out.
- Talent Show. Our first since the end of the school year. 4 of the 5 Espinosas took part; Sender covered me by going twice.
|This was the encore presentation.