6 Coffee Brews That I Like, and 1 That I Hate
Here are my favorite types of coffee.
- Java House. It’s what turned Joanna and I into coffee snobs. Strong and flavorful, but not harsh on your stomach. They don’t ship internationally (a friend of mine asked), so I have to remember to ask friends who go over there on mission trips to bring me back some.
- Some kind of Nicaraguan blend. I forget the name, but it’s a kind that friends who go there bring me back.
- Dunkin Donuts. Buying it from the store and brewing it at home is better than getting it at the store. Sometimes you can get it on sale at their stores for $20 for four full pounds (not the 10-12 oz bags that grocery stores sell it in). Well, you can get it. The nearest one to us is 43 miles away.
- McDonald’s. Good coffee, especially for a dollar. Beats Starbuck’s in many taste-tests.
- Hardee’s. Just on this list because I love Hardee’s.
- Gas Station. I once bought coffee at the Allendale BP, which at the time had a “B” food safety rating. I survived.
Notice that Starbuck’s didn’t make my list. Nasty, bitter, acidic. Would have been a great solvent to use when I was a chemist.